2 Day (16hr) Outdoor First Aid
We provide various forms of Medical and First Aid training, from 2 day Outdoor Emergency First Aid to bespoke training for groups, expeditions and rescue teams.
All of our training team are highly experienced in providing First Aid in the outdoors as members of the Cairngorm Ski Patrol. This brings a wealth of experience to our courses.
Avium believe in the importance of active learning, and we feel that participants learn best with a 'hands-on' approach. As a result, our courses are taught in practical scenario-based situations, and relaxed open discussions within each group. We believe this approach empowers participants to utilise their skills, in real life situations, with confidence.
Our team are happy to discuss any current knowledge and skills enabling everyone to get the most out of our courses.
2 Day (16hr) Outdoor First Aid Course Content:
- Principles of First Aid
- Safety ABC (DE)
- The Unconscious Casualty and Recovery position
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (adults, children and drowning/avalanche)
- Use of AED (defibrillators)
- Secondary Survey
- Fractures, Sprains and Dislocations (including use of SAM splints)
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Head and Chest injuries
- Bites and Stings - including Lyme's disease
- Common Medical Emergencies e.g. asthma, diabetes, stroke
- Burns and Scalds
- First Aid Kits
- Appropriate agencies to call in an emergency
This course is perfect if you participate in outdoor activities, require a first aid certificate for a outdoor qualification or work in a outdoor or remote environment.
Cost £135.00 per person
Group discounts available
Use the form below or e-mail email@example.com for more information